Saturday 19 May 2007

Generation 1 - All About Victoria

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Mama,

I was concerned to hear about your illness and pray that this letter finds you in better health. I will do my best to cheer you with news of my family and their wellbeing. The children are delightful and send you their best regards. Victoria is attending the All Girls Grammar School. She studies hard and is proud of her school results. I remind her that a good education and many accomplishments will help her find a good husband. Sometimes I worry that she takes too much interest in Scientific Matters but I expect that comes from growing up with three older brothers.



Victoria Studying at Home





Victoria Shows Off Her School Report

Apart from her Scientific Interests, Victoria is everything I could wish for in a dutiful daughter. She helps me around the house and is kind and attentive to her brothers.





Victoria Helps Around the House

A charming family has moved into the house next door. Number three has been vacant ever since Doctor Wilson passed away and it is delightful to have such pleasant neighbours. Our new neighbours are three brothers and they all do Something Important in Law. Harold is quite taken by the brothers and can not stop talking about them. Last week, he invited them around for dinner so that they could meet the family.



Harold Converses with George Merchant



And with Earnest Merchant




Harry Greets Michael Merchant


Victoria Entertains Michael and Earnest

I am hopeful that Good Things will come in the near future for my family.

And so I will leave you here, Mama. I do hope that you are feeling much better and that your spirits are restored by my family news.

Your Dutiful Daughter,

Doris.

****** / ******

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

My dearest Sister,

I have so much to tell you! But you must promise not to tell Mama and Papa. It is nothing too daring but I simply know that they wouldn't approve. The first Exciting Event occurred when I accidentally burnt the family dinner and started a fire.




Doris Burns the Family Dinner

The fire brigade arrived in moments. And I must confess that the fireman was terribly intriguing. He was wearing a quite outlandish outfit and *giggling* he was rather handsome too.


Doris Meets a Fireman

I could bearly wait until Harold had left for work so that I could tell my friend Anne all about the fire and the interesting fire man.


Doris Gossips with Anne

And that is not my only news. There is a very exciting family living next door. Three handsome young men and all doing terribly well in Law! Harold is quite taken by them. I am certain that he hopes to make a good match for Victoria. Although I refuse to talk about finding a husband for Victoria. She is far too young to be thinking of such things. Our neighbours behave quite oddly at times.




George, Earnest and Micahel Merchant Dancing



George Ford is Not Impressed



A Painful Encounter


Another Painful Encounter

Yet in spite of their modern habits, I am very happy to know the Merchant boys and am looking forward to renewing the Acquaintance.

And that is all my News. I look forward to our Outing to the Great Exhibition next month. Please give my love to your Family.

Your Loving Sister,

Doris.


Contents Next

6 comments:

Twoyys4me said...

Another wonderful and very authentic update.
I love the Merchant brothers, they look like nice neighbours and possible choice of future husbands for the sweet Victoria, whose costume is beautiful by the way. :)
Doris was so funny recounting her tales of the fireman to her sister. Can't wait to read more.

Chelsea said...

Yay! A husband? Already? A bit soon... but, people used to get married younger I suppose... Well, whatever happens will be great.
I just love your blog! Can't wait for more.

Spinn said...

What is that I see in the last picture.. pre-framed paintingcanvases? Nice update! :)

Kerry said...

Oh, ouch! That looked very painful! I wonder, though, if Doris is really interested in the Merchants for Victoria--or for herself? She seems a little bored with her husband. Hmmm.

ASimWen said...

Ahhh...another update from one of my favorite stories. Ha it is funny how Doris tells her mother and her sister different things!!!!! Same situation, but different view. LOL Love it.

Ziese52 said...

I love the look the Merchant brothers are giving Victoria! Very funny.