Saturday 23 June 2007

Generation 2 - Elopement

[Author's note: The story is now told through the letter's of Victoria].

1, Hyacinth Avenue,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Mama,

Please, please forgive me. You cannot hate me for following my heart. I miss you and Poppa and even the boys are ignoring my letters. Please write back and tell me that you forgive me.

Did you not notice that something had changed before I left home? I sat for hours in the parlour agonising over my decision to elope with Cyd.



Victoria Thinks Before Eloping

I was growing up. My body was changing and so were my feelings.





Victoria Growing Up

But Poppa was determined that I should marry one of the Merchant boys. Yet how could I? They are all much older than me and so stiff and formal. Cyd is quite different. He is good and kind and not at all the monster you think him. I love him, Mama, and I did what I had to so that we could be together.

I hope that you find it in your heart to forgive me.

Your wayward daughter,

Victoria.

-------- *** --------


1, Hyacinth Avenue,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear George,

I expect that you have already heard my News from the family? Yes, your twin sister is in Big Trouble this time! But please listen to my side of the story before you form any judgement. It all started when a school friend introduced me to a mysterious Gypsy woman.




Victoria and The Gypsy Woman

The Gypsy promised that if I crossed her palm with silver then I would find love. Well, how could I resist? The Merchant boys were so tiresome and I was desparate to meet someone new. So, that was how I first met Cyd Roseland.




Victoria meets Cyd

Cyd was different to the men that Poppa brought home. Cyd works in the Science Field and he treats me as an equal. Yet, he is also romantic and fun and exciting. However, I knew Poppa would never accept Cyd. Poppa had his heart set on my marrying a wealthy Lawyer or other Professional. Luckily, Mama and Poppa seemed to be enjoying their own second honeymoon period.



Doris and Harold in Love Again

So, I took advantage of their distraction to elope with Cyd. Oh George, I can't tell you how exciting it was! I left home in the early hours of the morning and Cyd met me at the end of Victoria Street. He had booked tickets to Scotland and we spent the most romantic weekend away together. The day he asked me to marry him was the happiest day of my life.



Cyd proposes to Victoria

We have now returned to Homelands and moved into a sweet house not far from Victoria Street. I hope that Momma will forgive me one day and will come and visit. The only troublesome thing about my new life is Cyd's dog. He worships the smelly creature almost as much as he worships me.



Cyd and His Dog

So what about your news? Are you still distinguishing yourself in the Crimea? Do you remember when we were young and we used to dream about a life of adventure? I miss you, George, and wish you were here to share adventures with and laugh about life.

Your loving sister,

Victoria.

-------- *** --------

1, Hyacinth Avenue,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Mama,

I understand your continued silence, although I find it hard to accept. I would not be writing to you except that I have important news. You are going to be a Grandma. Yes, Mama, I am pregnant.




Victoria is Pregnant

Will you not visit now? If not for my sake then for the sake of your first grandchild?

Your patient daughter,

Victoria.

Contents Next

4 comments:

ASimWen said...

Woo-Hoo! And update! I have been continually referring back to this blog thinking I might have missed the announcement. :)

OH my....Mamma and Poppa are holding a grudge. I am sure Mamma will come around and see the new grandbaby. They always do. ha. Poppa is another problem. Cyd is good looking and even so is his smelly creature dog. haha Victoria's love for Cyd will make room for the dog in her heart.

Cannot wait to see the changes you make in the surrounding furnishings and fashions as time progresses. A delightful story, different. Love it.

Twoyys4me said...

I'm so pleased that Victoria took charge of her life and found love with Cyd! shame about his smelly dog..haha.

I hope Victoria's parents come around especially now they are going to be Grandparents. :)

Kerry said...

Oh, wow, that was a surprise! Victoria has really taken her fate into her own hands! I wonder how George is going to fare in the Crimea? Great update as always!

Ziese52 said...

Wow, she found her own man. Very bold! I hope her mom forgives her soon. Yippee gen 3 is already on it's way!