Wednesday 8 August 2007

Generation 2 - Farewells

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

My Dearest Brother,

I cannot begin to tell you how much we all enjoyed your recent visit.




Victoria greets George

The children haven’t stopped talking about their Uncle George. I am sending you some pictures of Emma’s birthday so that you can see how happy you made her.










Emma’s Birthday (George in the background)




Emma and Uncle George

I wish you you could have stayed longer. Much has happened since you left and I sorely need your advice. Do you remember the Merchant boys? Well, Poppa has taken to inviting them for dinner again. And one guest in particular has been lingering after everyone else has retired.







Victoria and Earnest Merchant

I find myself enjoying Earnest’s company far more than I did as a girl. He is gentle and charming, nothing at all like Cyd. The strangest thing of all is that Poppa seems to be encouraging our friendship. This is so odd since he never allowed Mama to have male friends. Oh George, it’s all very confusing. Just a short time ago I was living with my husband and bringing up 2 small children. Now I am back in my childhood home entertaining strange men.

Please write soon. I miss you and look forward to your next visit.

Your dear sister,

Victoria.



-------- *** --------

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dearest George,

Thank you for your last letter - I love to hear your tales of India. It all sounds terribly exciting and I long to See The World as you do. Mind you life has been more than a little exciting here in Homelands. Do you remember Earnest? I told you all about him in my last letter. Well things have developed between us.




Victoria and Earnest

Oh I know, George. I am technically a married woman and my behaviour is disgraceful! But he is warm, kind and understanding. I have been enjoying his company immensely. Then just a short time ago, he asked to see me in the parlour. Poor Earnest, he looked rather nervous.



Earnest Speaks with Victoria

Then, without any warning, Earnest declared his love for me and asked for my hand in marriage! It was dreadfully sweet, nothing like Cyd’s whirlwind romance and proposal. But, yes, there was one small problem. I was still a married woman. What was I to do? Earnest was offering me a second chance in life - an opportunity to once again be mistress of my own home. And I think I was rather beginning to fall in love with him. But first I had to deal with Cyd…



Victoria Greets Cyd

I wasted no time and asked Cyd for a divorce.

Cyd is Angry

He did not take it at all well. Cyd reminded me that divorce was a man’s decision and he wasn’t minded to divorce me. Can you believe it?! I was seething with anger.


Victoria and Cyd

How could he refuse me a divorce? Cyd was the one who cheated on me. But that is a woman’s lot. And so my situation is unchanged. I am tied to Cyd “until death do us part” even though he will not live with me and spares little time for his children.

Nevertheless, dear Earnest is a comfort to me. He faithfully visits each day and says he will wait for me as long as necessary.

Earnest Visits for Dinner

*sigh* I must end here. Mama is unwell and I hear her calling. I will write again soon.

Your loving sister,

Victoria.



-------- *** --------

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dearest George,

What a sad time. I am sorry your last visit was so fleeting. We had little time together, I was too taken up with the funeral arrangements. Although it grieves me, I am glad Mama and Poppa passed away within days of each other. I can't imagine how either would have lived without the other.

I miss them both greatly, I even miss Poppa’s strictness. I visit their gravesides weekly and tell them all about our day to day lives.




Victoria Visits her Parents’ Graves

But amidst our grief I have some good news. Edward and Emma have been accepted into University! I am very proud, especially of Emma, who will be one of just 2 girls in her class.

It was difficult saying goodbye to the children.




Victoria and Edward



Victoria and Emma

But the time soon came for them both to leave. The house is quiet now, with Mama, Poppa, and the children gone. My life seems quite empty.

I miss you, George.

Your dear sister,

Victoria.


Contents Next

5 comments:

ASimWen said...

Awww..Victoria is in an empty house. Mamma and pappa are gone..the kids are in school. Will she and Earnest live in sin? Oh the drama!

Infinity-Nevermore said...

And your Gen 1 founder has passed. How does it feel? I imagine I'll be sad when Rosemary goes. I'm glad George finally came for a visit. Emma is beautiful; just get rid of that hat. So she finally found love with a Merchant after all. Stupid Cyd, not allowing a divorce. *blows raspberry at him*

Twoyys4me said...

Great update.. What a shame she can't get divorced and marry Earnest.
Sad to see Gen 1 dying off, but you just know that means exciting times ahead. :)

Kerry said...

Yeah, George! Hurrah! I was glad to see him make an appearance. I'm sorry for Victoria--too bad she can't make a new start with Earnest. I'm sure she'll miss her Mamma and Papa.

Wow, I had to go back and see--a lot of time went by between those letters, right? Emma went from toddler to Uni student. Seems like Victoria's life is rushing by very quickly.

I enjoyed your update as always!

Ziese52 said...

Cyd, that bastard won't give her a divorce! That's so terrible, not letting her have a second chance. Awe her parents passed, I'm so sad for her. I hate to watch sims grieve. Hurry the kids are off to college! so glad Emma will have more opportunities.