Wednesday 26 September 2007

Generation 4 - Coming Home

The story is now told through Louise’s letters to her friend Meadow Thayer.

-------- *** --------

1, New Court,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Meadow,

I’m home!


Louise Arrives Home with Aiden

I was terrified about coming home. I mean how am I going to explain to Mum about you know what? But so far it's been fine. Mum is happy to have me home and she accepted Aiden without too many questions.



Louise Hugs her Mother

But it’s only a matter of time before I begin to show. Then what?

Give me a call when you get back from Uni. I really miss you and I need someone to talk to before Mum drives me crazy!!

Hugs and kisses,

Louise.

-------- *** --------

1, New Court,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Meadow,

Well, Mum knows everything now. And you’ll never believe it - she’s kicking me out of the house! I guess it didn’t help that Mum found Aiden and I in bed together. Well, it was Mum’s bed to be precise. Which I suppose only made things worse.


Louise and Aiden

The other surprising thing is how Aiden behaved when we told Mum our news. But let me start from the beginning. First, I spoke to Mum on my own. I waited until she was in a good mood and asked if I could have a chat. I was praying she’d be happy about being a grandmother and would overlook my unmarried state.



Louise Talks to Emma

But Mum is obviously far more old-fashioned than I thought. She said she wouldn’t harbour an unmarried mother under her roof. I mean it’s the sixties for Christ’s sake not the twenties! Can’t a woman make her own choices now?

Anyway, when Aiden heard the row he decided to speak with Mum on my behalf.



Aiden Speaks with Emma


It was really sweet. He said he loved me and would stick by me. He knew we were both young and that’s why we didn’t intend to get married yet.


Aiden and Emma

Then I had the biggest shock of all. Aiden said he had changed his mind and wanted to marry me. Can you believe it! Whatever happened to Free Love?



So there I was, with my Mum and Aiden both looking at me expectantly. I didn’t know what to do. But I did know I couldn’t have this baby on my own. I begged for more time and Aiden agreed. Mum wasn’t happy though – she can’t understand why I didn’t immediately accept a perfectly good marriage proposal form the man I love.

Oh how I miss you, Meadow. And how I wish I hadn’t got myself into this mess.

Please visit soon.

Hugs and kisses,

Louise.


-------- *** --------

3, New Court,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dear Meadow,

Well, we moved house but not very far! My Grandma left me her house.


Louise and Aiden at Home

Do you remember my Grandma Victoria? She was so cool. Did you know she eloped with her lover when she was just eighteen? Later she left her husband when she found him cheating. My Mum was just a baby and she never really knew her Dad. Grandma was such a strong woman and she didn’t care about convention. She even found a second love and married him later in life. I wish Grandma was here today, I know she’d understand me.


Victoria and Louise, taken when Louise was a Teen

Anyway, back to my news. Aiden has started work and is now a nice, respectable Doctor.


Aiden Looks for Work

I guess I should be grateful one of us graduated from university and can get a decent job. Though I don’t really blame Uni for kicking me out. Let’s face it - I missed every single lecture in my last couple of semesters! Mind you, I joke now, but don’t make the same mistake I did, Meadow. It’s no fun being married and a mother at 22 when all your friends are enjoying the freedoms of the new decade.

Mum visits occasionally. She’s excited about being a Grandma and I think she’s forgiven me for dropping out of university.


Louise (pregnant) and Emma

She’s still upset about Aiden and I being unmarried. Sometimes, I think she’s such a hypocrite. After all, Mum once campaigned for women's rights. Besides, she met my Dad in University and he was her Professor! Imagine if that happened now – a Professor would lose his job if he hooked up with a student. But I suppose Mum is just disappointed I’m not going to follow in her footsteps and become something big in politics.

Well, that’s all my news. I can’t wait to see you at Christmas. I’m getting really big now – I don’t think you will recognise me!

Hugs and kisses,

Lousie


-------- *** --------

BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT

WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE BIRTH OF OUR DAUGHTER

LILY MILLER BEAR

APRIL 3, 1970

7 POUNDS, 3 OUNCES


Louise and Baby Lily

-------- *** --------


Contents Next

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, up to the 60's! Love those bell-bottoms. Funny how Aiden got all traditional on her, with the baby coming.

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Well, how long can you stand up to Emma without bowing at least a little? That's an awesome outfit for Louise. Wow, Gen 5 already! I'd be jealous if I hadn't brought my slow pace on myself by taking on 5 challenges simultaneously. And if you end the way you want, you're almost done.

Willow said...

I love the way Louise is still really headstrong and isn't willing to get married just because she's having a baby. "Free love" of the sixties and all that! Excellent update!

ASimWen said...

Excellent update...I remember the 60's hahahah I was born in '58. Errr...I am showing my age here. lol

Unknown said...

Perfect outfit for the 60's. Great update. Lily is very cute.

Sally said...

Several people have asked about Loiusie's outfit. It came from All About Style here: http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1960's.html

They have some great period clothes.

Unknown said...

This is a really neat challenge! I love all of your CC and your pictures look great! You've got some very pretty sims there! I'll definitely be back for more updates!

avp9423 said...

Great job Sally! I'm working on my unblogged Rights of Women challenge and I'm only on 2nd generation.
5 boys! Can you imagine that? I finally got a girl last night, thank god. Some of little Emily's brother's are off on their own now!

Ziese52 said...

I believe I read that you lost your challenge due to a crash. Say it isn't so! Say I'm wrong! I love this story! IT's so great! well, if you did, you did a wonderful job with all you did complete!