Monday 16 July 2007

Generation 2 - Separation

1, Victoria Street,
Homelands,
ENGLAND.

Dearest George,

My life is a disaster! As you can see, I am writing this from Victoria Street. Yes, I have moved back home with Mama and Poppa. Your stupid sister has totally ruined her life. But let me tell it from the beginning.

Life was good, if a little dull. My world revolved around Edward and Emma.




Victoria and Edward





Victoria and Emma


I was even considering studying again. There is a local Women’s college and I was interested in their Botany course. However, Cyd disapproved and declared that married women should not study. I swear he was becoming more and more like father. When I first met Cyd he was so carefree and accepting. I thought he loved me for who I was. But now he refused to acknowledge that I may have an understanding of Scientific Matters. So, foolish woman that I am, I gave up my college application.

Meanwhile, Cyd was seeking the company of Anne Parsons. Do you remember Mrs Parsons? Mama was very friendly with her but Poppa disapproved and said that she was a bit “racy”. Anyway, Anne Parsons was always visiting. She even celebrated Edward’s birthday with us.




Cyd greets Anne




Edward Grows Up

Of course, I didn’t suspect anything. Anne is Mama’s age (even if she doesn't look it) and she acted very pleasantly towards me. But then one day, I returned home to discover Cyd and Anne in a compromising position…




Cyd and Anne

I was devastated and acted on instinct.. .







Victoria Reacts to Cyd’s Infidelity

Then the worst possible thing happened. Edward walked in and saw everything.


Edward is Devastated

My poor boy, he won’t he even speak to his father now.

I didn’t know what to do. How was I going to face Mama and Poppa? They still didn’t like Cyd and Poppa hadn’t forgiven me for eloping in the first place. So, I begged Cyd to forget Anne and return to his family. I was unhappy but I couldn’t face the shame of a separation. But that dreadful woman had her claws into Cyd. He said that he was sorry but he didn’t love me anymore. Just like that! And so I packed my bags and moved back home with the children.



Victoria and Emma

Mama and Poppa have been surprisingly understanding. I can tell that Poppa is embarrassed by my separation but he is putting on a brave face and is being very kind to me. Perhaps his grandchildren have softened his heart?

Well that is all my news. Please, please come home soon. Your sister needs you!

All my love,

Victoria.

Contents Next

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Aww, poor Victoria! But she's better off without that scoundrel, anyway! I'm glad her Poppa took her back--perhaps now she can go to school, once the children get a little older. Where is George? will he ever return? George? George!!!!

Infinity-Nevermore said...

Oh wow. Just read through yur entire story. I love it. Very interesting. I see that you stopped updating from Doris's house when Victoria became an adult. I guess I love Rosemary too much to let her fade ito obscurity. Besides, I'm having fun writing in the culture clash. I look forward to more updates.

Twoyys4me said...

Aww that's so sad for Victoria, darn cheatin' Cyd. I hope the kids get over it and that Victoria finds someone else. :)

ASimWen said...

Woo-Hoo! Another update. :) I didn't like Cyd from the beginning either, I am with mamma and pappa. heh. Glad to see her back home..so sad she didn't get to go study botany. Perhaps her children will!